Fine.

She laughs, shaking off the seriousness of the questions we slip so delicately into conversation. When she isn’t looking, our eyes meet secretly across the table. I can see the worry in their eyes. I think she sees it too. “Seriously, guys,” she tells us, “You don’t have to worry about me.” I look down at my fingers, picking nervously at the polish on my nails. Something inside me wants to believe her. That girl inside me that knows how it feels to be called anorexic, who knows how it feels to be accused of not eating: she wants to believe her; she wants to smile and hug her and say we were wrong, we trust her. But there’s another voice inside my head, playing back of all those health classes about eating disorders and the warning signs that people often miss. That voice is screaming at me that something is wrong. And I can’t keep believing her when she tells me she’s fine.

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is short, sweet and to the point.  I love how you describe how the main character is feeling about her friend having an eating disorder.  My only criticism is that the dialogue should go on a new line.  Other than that, excellent work!  Keep writing! :)

KendisPiperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is beautiful. its short and sweet and being someone who's personally delt with a few situations like this, its really nice to read about something so real

pinkowlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW, THIS IS GREAT! i love how clearly you described the setting, i could vision it in my head. i also love how the narrator is having a battle inside her head, i love it! very relateable! awesome work! i love how it's short... but has such meaning! keep writing! <3