Violent Survivor

Mazz ran all the way home from school crying. When she reached her house, she ran straight up to her room, and threw herself on her bed to bury her face in her pillows. There was a soft tap on her door and it swung open to reveal her older sister, Misty.
"Hey mom isn't home yet, so..." she cut off as soon as she saw the tears dripping down Mazz's face. Misty took a seat at the foot of Mazz's bed and said
"Hey Mazz what's wrong, are those bullies messing with you again?"
Mazz did not want to lie to her sister, so she nodded and told the truth.
"Let me tell you something" began Misty. "When I was about your age, I was bullied too until I learned how to be a violent survivor."
Mazz wasn't sure she had heard her right so she spoke for the first time in her hoarse voice.
"What did you say?"
"I said violent survivor, do you know what that is?"
"No" Mazz replied.
"A violent survivor is a person that does not care what other people think or say about them. They chase their dream, even when it tries to slip from their grasp, they manage to hold on to it. They stand up and do what they know is right, no matter what the risks are. They also know that in their heart it's not about being pretty or popular, because in the inside those people are hurting considering that they cannot be themselves and do what they love. Violent survivors stand out because they do not change to fit in, they are natural and not to mention, unique."
The clarity of Misty's words made Mazz feel foolish for getting upset over something so silly.
"Thanks  Misty, you always know what to say."
Misty got up off of the bed and before leaving, she replied.
"Your welcome. Remember to be yourself and most of all, always be a violent survivor.

SN3RD said...
 The title was what reeled me in and i liked the basis of the story would you mind checking out my books i saw u enter a few chat rooms and aas soon as i would send "plz read my book" my darn comp wld shut off on me, but i'd appreciate it :)

CarrieAnn13 said...
Great article!  My only criticism is that you have a few grammar mistakes (your instead of you're) and your dialogue is a bit stiff.  But I love the concept of this article.  Excellent work!

MidnightNow1127 said...
So true. This makes me feel bad, because I used to be a bully. Not physcal so much as verbal. Now, I wish I could go back and apologize to those who I hurt. And I wish that they had somone there to tell them this :( Nice words.

Kzehr said...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:59 am:
Beautiful,  such wise words, keep up the good work

Acastillo replied...
Oct. 25, 2011 at 9:07 pm :
Thanks so much!