Uninvited Guests | Teen Ink

Uninvited Guests

By victoriacatgirl PLATINUM, Palm Desert, California
victoriacatgirl PLATINUM, Palm Desert, California

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

There was once a pair of burglars. Their names were Ben and Arnola Hatfield. Ben and Arnola also had a son named William. They were a family of thieves. Nobody knew who they were, or where they lived. They’re called the Uninvited Guests. Ben, Arnola, and William had a cabin in the middle of the woods that only they knew about. Usually they were on the street pretending to be beggars by the names of Robert, Mary, and James. While one of them (usually Arnola or William) begged for food and money at the door, the other two would sneak in through the back window and steal valuable treasures. Whenever a neighborhood got suspicious they moved to the next one.

But one day a woman named Linda saw them and followed them to their cabin. She told them that she would not tell if she could join them and share in the profits. Linda was engaged to be married to a horrid man named David. Her father had told her that she didn’t have to marry him as soon as she came up with $5,000. The Hatfields agreed. So while Linda was at houses speaking with friends of her father, the Hatfields did their job. After weeks of stealing Linda finally had the $5,000. But while earning the money Linda and William became friends and his parents became like her second parents.
On the night that Linda’s father would announce the wedding off, Linda accidentally told how she got the money. Linda was pardoned from her crimes, and William escaped, but Ben and Arnola were captured. The next day William found Linda crying in his cabin. She told him it was all her fault that his parents were gone. William forgave her and they made a plan to help them escape from jail.

Later that night Linda was two buildings away from the jail and she screamed as loud as she could. All of the guards ran over to see what was wrong except for one. The one who stayed behind was asleep. He also had the keys. William sneaked in and stole the keys and freed his parents. Linda, however, was still outside screaming. She kept telling the guards that the third Uninvited Guest had stolen her purse and ran towards the bank. The guards ran away, Linda and the Hatfields ran away to US, and they all lived happily ever after. (In America they opened their own bank. They thought it was like an ATM)