I hate you | Teen Ink

I hate you

I hate you.

I will always hate you.

No matter what you say will change that now. Did you think that I wouldn’t find out? Did you think you could keep me in the dark forever? Well, let me just say no go on that plan.

Was she worth it? I didn’t think so. Everything that you do will come back to bite you in the ass especially this. If I were you I would sleep with one eye open now.

I hate you. Everybody says there is a fine line between love and hate. They are all liars. There are very think lines with no blurs or splotches. Right now I am on the hate side of the line and all of the evil things I am thinking and feeling are aimed straight at you.

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

I still can’t believe you think that I wouldn’t find out. You are a hypocrite that is totally incapable of keeping secrets.

I looked down at what was now crumpled up in my hand with tear stains staining the ink. How could I have written this? I don’t hate him. If I didn’t still care about him why did I write the letter? Why did it matter if I wanted him to feel as miserable as I did? I shouldn’t care that he cheated. I shouldn’t care about what he is doing right now or who he is seeing. But I do. No matter what I try I still do.
*

*

*

The note was in my locker this morning. Just a little thing could tear my whole world a part. There was no signature but I knew who it was from.

How did she find out? I guess it doesn’t matter now. She is completely right I am a hypocrite and I deserve to feel this agony.

I can’t believe I did that. Never give in to peer pressure. Never. To quote her “it will bite you in the ass.” I should know that by now.
It was only just last week that we were completely fine until I screwed up. I feel so ashamed that I caused her so much pain and anger. Normally she would have just yelled at me. I would have liked that response better than this note; this meant she was so pissed that she couldn’t talk to me.
What am I supposed to do now? Go up and apologize? She just said it wouldn’t matter and that she wouldn’t ever take me back. It feels wrong not to say anything but what else can I do? I still care about her but she obviously doesn’t care about me. The tear stains on the ink seemed to leave a permanent stain on my heart.
*

*

*

2 months later:

Loads of people walked through the halls. This guy accidentally ran into this other girl who was carrying a huge stack of books. She and the books tumbled to the ground. The guy bent down to help her and when he handed back one of the first books he saw clearly who it was. The girl stared back at him evenly until he handed the book back. Together they collected the books got up and went back to their separate ways like they never even knew each other.