imaginary night | Teen Ink

imaginary night

By Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan
Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan

you have to live life forwards, but you can only understand it backwards.

As one's truest desires come alive, in the dark they can only become such nightmares.
to fear is nothing but to fear its self, nothing is real, is it all in my head, what i see, what are these
shadows appearing to be something they are not. The wind blows the dyeing branches of a fall tree
as leaves slowly drift to the ground figures appear within the moon light. the tree crack and whistle,
my heart starts pounding, boom da boom da boom, the tension is thick in the air, breaths are short
yet hard to indoor. What do i fear? my mind sends me images flashing past my eyes like birds trying
to escape an coming storm. Should i run? or stay and watch the world change as day light turns
to a black mournful sky awaiting to approach the next victim. Grasping me in its hands the terror fills my body
the winds cold chill attacks my skin and covers it with goose bumps. The stars glisten in my eyes as if fireflies
dancing the air. i slowly falll upon my knees to gently lay my head down on a patch of moss. My dreams begin
swimming into my head, yet what holds another night ahead....