Who Am I? | Teen Ink

Who Am I?

October 11, 2011
By Kvothe BRONZE, Sparta, Tennessee
Kvothe BRONZE, Sparta, Tennessee
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's better to be thought an idiot then open your mouth and prove it.





















-Unknown to me


Chapter I
“Sir?” said a hidden voice among the dead and dying. The general looked around to see naught, but his fallen comrades. “Who is it?” the general questioned the voice that called him out. “Over here,” the voice fo the fallen responded. The general saw the fallen private in a pool of blood all alone, he immediately ran over to him.

“Sir,” the private managed with his head held by the general. “What happened?” the general asked already knowing he stepped on a mine. The private was dying quick as the general’s clothes were turning crimson red. The general looked at the private’s injuries: his leg was blown off to the knee, his bone was sticking out like a grusome joke.
The private looked at the general one last time. The general looked back at him as the privates soul; faded into nothing and his eyes just became glassy covers to his now non-exsistent soul.

“Honey wake up,” a sweet voice shook the general awake. “What, what’s going on,” the general awoke. “Clam down. Why are you drenched?” this woman beside him in his bed asked. “A bad dream,” the general tried to laugh it off, but she knew him better than that.

“Let me guess, you dreamed of the private once more?” she inquired. “Yes it was,” he finally let down. “Tell me the story honey, it may help,” she said in all seriousness. “Are you sure you wish it know my deep dark past?” he forewarned her. “Yes,” she said.

My story begins with a place know as basic. I entered this hellish beginning with fear and anxiety. As I stepped off the bus it was insanium, drill sergeants yelling GO, GO, GO! I was put through a figurious first day to the point my acu’s were drippping with sweat. Then, I met my drill sergeant, whose name will remain secret, some foolish noob (as the kids know say, I think) called him sir instead of drill sergeant. We learned the front lean and rest very well that day.

The first few weeks were pathetic and vigorous even through white phase it was the same. The only good thing of white phase was my first phine call home. I called the girl I was the other half to at that time. I cried when her first letter came in…

How foolish was I an 18 year old thinking me and her were to be married and engaged. This is never how stuff works. I laugh now at everything that happened back then haha. I let my emotions blur out the rest of my basic except when my appendix decided to try and kill me.

It happened two weeks from graduation, my stomach was hurting so much to the point that I couldn’t stand upright or even stand at all. I went to the hospital and it was removed and I was put on vigodin, amazing when not used as a narcotic ha.

So with this drug the rest of basic went by without a care or memeory thereof... soon it was off to the field of battle.

The author's comments:
If you want more let me know haha