The Gravedigger

I stood in a graveyard with a man looking at a tombstone
"I pity them" he said, and lit a cigarette.
"who the dead?"
"The living"
My smoke fell out of my mouth. "but there's so much to live for"
He shook his head not lifting his gaze "We are trapped by the body. A body confined by hunger, exhaustion, desies, to hot to cold!" he said raising his voice "and our minds" he whispered "and our hearts.
They're so irrational. We over react, we shout, we cry, we go into fits of passion and rage" he sighed "all the lies, all the hate, all the sadness"
He looked at me
"I am the gravedigger. I see things at night that you will never encounter. They speak to me. They do not wish for life. That is why i pity the living. That is why" he looked down again and put out his cigarette "I will join them soon"
Then he turned and walked away

DooRonRon said...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 2:23 am
loved it! i could totally relate to what he was saying! nice way to put things into perspective! and for the people that want it to be longer, sometimes all a write has is just a paragraph, sometimes i write random paragraphs. Sometimes you can't make them longer; no matter how long you try! Just saying:)

mar_mar said...
 like it

ChocoMint said...
Well, I was kinda confused....you might try and make it longer.  <><

CarrieAnn13 said...

Okay, I have a bit of criticism.

1.  "who the dead?"  It should be "Who?  The dead?"

2.  "but there's so much to live for"  There should be a period after 'for' and 'But' should be capitalized.

3.  'He shook his head not lifting his gaze.'  There should be a comma after 'head'.

4.  "A body confined by hunger, exhaustion, desire to hot to cold."  You used the wrong 'too'.

5.  A little more description would be... (more »)

woaahItslu said...
Very good work(:

KendisPiper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
-.- the &quot; thing was a technical problem plz ignore