Girl Finding Happiness for the First Time. | Teen Ink

Girl Finding Happiness for the First Time.

By MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan
MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

Saying someone shouldnt be sad because others have it worse is like saying someone shouldnt be happy because others have it better

She was walking down the street thinking of all the things going on through out her life. She
watched as all the cars pass her by on her way to the house where she lives. As she walked up
to the drive way, she looked through the window and seen her parents yelling and throwing glass
around. She walked up the stairs to the porch and opened the screen door.She could hear her
parents yelling and screaming and as soon as she opened the door, there was a moment of
silence. She looked at the table and seen beer cans scattered all around. She looked at her
parents then ran to her room with tears rolling down her face. She looked in the mirror and down
at the marks on her skin. She heard footsteps coming up stairs that led to her room and she
seen her door slam open against her wall and the father came in charging at her like a bull at full
speed. He took his fist and punched her across her face leaving a black eye. He kept throwing
punches and her mom came in, slammed her daughter against the wall, kicking her while
holding the girls arm. The girl broke loose and ran outside bleeding and more bruises covering her.
The neighbor across the street ran to her to give her a hug. She laid her head on his shoulder and
whispered in his ear saying "thank you sir but I really have to go." He pulled his phone out and
called the police. She watched as the officers drove passed her in the drive way and they ran
in the house. She looked at the man and smiled her first smile and gave him another hug crying
with tears of joy and he smiled back at her and hugged her back. She turned and watched as the
officers took her parents in the police cars and one officer walked up to the little girl and said "you
are safe now," then he turned and walked to the car. He opened the door and looked back at the
girl who was smiling and playing her first game of tag and then he looked back at her parents who
were yelling at eachother and he said "I'm glad your child doesn't take after you," and both parents
were silent and they looked at their daughter and realized what they have done and they should've
treated her better instead of putting beer before their own daughter but it's best for her to be with the
man who has saved their seven year old daughter's life instead of her living and dying in sorrow. As
her parents were being driven away to jail, she watched and just thought that now she can move on
and have a good life now, and she was right, she had a wonderful life. Now she could go to
school with no more new bruises and she could be happy and not have so much sorrow in
her life. She did many things for the first time, like going to a demolition derby, playing
paintball, going to monster truck shows, and even celebrated holidays. For Thanksgiving
she met the rest of her new family and for Christmas she got new clothes.
A few days before her Birthday she started to get really sick and was taken to the hospital.
Each day that passed, she got worse. The guy that she now lives with came to visit her
and she gave him a hug when she first seen him and he hugged her back. She smiled and
looked at him and whispered to him saying "I love you dad," then gave him a kiss on the cheeks
and he smiled back and said "I love you too." That night he went home and the next day was her
Birthday so he went and bought a diamond necklace with a diamond heart on it. He went back to
the hospital and the girl gave him a hug saying "I missed you" and he said "I missed you too and
Happy Birthday" and he put the necklace around her neck. She looked at it and started crying.
She looked at him and gave him a hug saying "wow, it's beautiful, thank you so much" and hugged
him tightly and said to him "I love you so much and no one was ever this nice to me" and he
hugged her and told her that he loved her too and gave her a kiss on the forehead, but then he felt
her loosen up her grip. He looked at her and seen that she has died in his arms. He began to cry
and the nurses came in and said it was from to much abuse but she didn't die in sorrow, she died
in happiness, care, and love. The day of the funeral, everyone that knew her were there, even her
real parents were there. Her real parents were crying because of what they have done. The man
was there as well and he kept the necklace on her neck so a part of him will always be with her.
The days after her death were different, nothing was the same, but everyone remembered the girl
who never gave up on life even though it was harsh and complicated in the beginning.

This is about a girl who got abused by her parents. I wrote this because child abuse isn't right. But along every door that closes, there's always another one waiting to be opened.

on Oct. 8 2011 at 10:54 am
MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

thank you wolf(: and ill write another one soon i dont know when but still lol -huggles- :D

Wolf. said...
 this storie is completely full of emotion and enthusiasm. Overall it was brilliantly wrote. I really enjoyed it. I would be greatly interested in the writing of another storie from yourself. That's excellent keep at it. (:

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

0h okay coolio

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

ohh i never heard of it before

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

another website lik this.... but has way more stories and doesnt go through an editor or hav a magazine

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

right

and whats that?

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

ikr...

Do u use wattpad?

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

yea it is lol

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

Wow. Thats a loooooooong time.....

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

yea(: probably since i was in first grade i think...because in first grade i remember writing a story about elephants and my friends lol, it was weird but i dont know what age i was, im in 11thgrade now so from 1st to 11th grade i guess? lol

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

oh thats cool(; wat age

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

well ive been writing ever since i was a little girl and somethings i think of from experiences and stuff i seen or heard of

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

ur welkum(:

ur lucky u hav talent... I culd never come up with sum10 like that

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

thanks(: i tried my best on it :D

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

haha, cant wait(: and ohh thats alrite it was still superr good writen;)

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

thanks(: and im gunna post some more when i type them out(:

MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

thanks(: and yea i know it happened to quickly but i was trying to write a short story because mine usually end up being a long story lol

BabyGirll91 said...
Miranda, I love this story. I also agree with "averagexauthor" Other then all that, You write really good stories. Post you're other ones :D

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

Really good writing(; Just one thing: Everything happened a little too quickly. Other than that I like it:D