War Is Fought With Men, But Won With Silly String | Teen Ink

War Is Fought With Men, But Won With Silly String

By hindsightismyonlyflaw SILVER, Fairfield, California
hindsightismyonlyflaw SILVER, Fairfield, California

"...And resist what holds you back." - As Blood Runs Black - Resist

A getaway car and a trunk full ov money; the bandit is in hot pursuit, but nay does he think he'll get caught. He must pay the bills and this is his only job: full-time criminal.

[breakdown] - He diverts his attention for only a moment and now he's in cuffs. A short daydream and now he's getting jailed.

Ieatyor Despair has an incredible reputation in the slammer. All other convicts bow down to him. In the hierarchy ov prison, he stands above them all and is worshipped. "There's no way to escape this one, Despair," the guards mock him. His sentence is 16 years and parole is not an option anymore.

(sung)
A plastic ring from a gumball machine and his prison outfit is what he'll be taking with him to his wedding in two weeks. At the prison cafeteria is where the service will be held. At sun-down is when the two will exchange vows. He isn't proud ov where he is right now, but he loves her still.

[breakdown] - "Ieatyor, do you take Acinad Lavodnas in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor as long as you both shall live?" "I do." "Acinad, do you take Ieatyor Despair in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, as long as you both shall live?" "I do." "I now pronounce you husband and wife...."

(sung)
Through the glass, he looks into her eyes. He speaks into the receiver, "Only 15 and a half more years and counting.." She shakes her head solemnly. She can't take this anymore. She wants a physical husband, not just a certificate and the thought ov a husband. She sets down the phone and walks out.

[breakdown] - He throws the ring on the floor and shouts, "I'm done. I'm done."

Never leave me..