Invisible

Tonight was the last straw, Kate thought as she ran out of his house. She heard him scream drunkenly, "I ain't done with you, sl*t!". Hurriedly, she climbed into her car and noticed that invisible was playing on the radio. It was the perfect last song. She leaned forward and cranked the volume up right as her favorite part began.
Even when I try to look my best
Even though inside I’m such a mess
Why do I always feel invisible, invisible…

Kate's hands started to shake as she gripped the wheel. “You ruined me Dylan”, she whispered.

The bright light hit her as she entered the building. Reaching up, Kate dimmed the light. She felt better now. Kate proceeded to dump everything out of her purse ; hot, wet tears rushing down her cheeks as she sifted through the contents. She knew it was there. It had to be there. It was bigger than the rest. She knew that too. Yet, her hands kept failing to make contact. Finally, Kate felt it. She let her hand grasp onto it and hold tight. She winced at the memory of earlier that day. He had been so violent. "You promised it wouldn't happen again." she murmured. Every part of her trembling, Kate stood up and put the gun to her head. Fists clenched, Dylan stumbled in. "Get the f***k back here, b****!". Smiling faintly, she pulled the trigger. She was finally free.