The Last Time I Saw Her | Teen Ink

The Last Time I Saw Her

By kjennings123 BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana
kjennings123 BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana

The last time I saw her, she was my neighbor when I was in the 6th grade. She was 2 years younger than me but that didn't mean anything to us. She was almost as mature I was, you would never think that she was younger than me, sometimes I thought she was more mature than I was. Even though we didn't go to the same school, we would always be together after school. Most days I would even walk down to the bus stop to get her off her bus. She was like the sister I never had, and most people even thought of us as sisters because we were always together. When I say we were always together, I mean basically inseparable. On the weekends we would always go back and forth between houses. It was just so easy to always be together considering she was just a few 100 feet, and only seconds away from me. It was almost as if we lived at each other's houses. I pretty much considered her as a part of my family. I remember the day she moved in, I was in the 3rd grade and she was in 1st. That was the day that I realized we were going to get along just fine. After weeks of getting to know each other, we just started hanging out all the time and it got to the point that we were cheering together, dancing together, swimming together, and even playing volleyball together. Whenever we would be together, we always had the best times! I have so many memories with her its not even funny! I can remember teaching her how to roller blade, ride a two-wheel bike, hand stands and cart wheels, and so much more. We always had the best lemonade stands too, I can remember saying when I grow up I want to open a huge lemonade stand and you can be my partner. We used to say that when it was time for me to go to college she was gonna come with me and we were gonna live together, forever and forever. We used to always joke with each other that one of us was moving away and our house was going up for sale the next day, even though we both did it to each other, we would both always end up in tears because the thought of one of us moving away killed us inside. That was like one of our biggest fears, losing each other. Neither us thought that those jokes would turn into reality. I can remember the day like it was yesterday, she came up to me saying "you're not going to believe this, my dad's job is moving us to Texas." I can just remember thinking to my self, "you're lying to me, this is just a joke, we always do this to each other." but she told me that it was true. I remember running home and locked myself in my room and cried my eyes out for hours. When I asked my mom about it, she told me it was true. It was the worst feeling ever - losing my best friend, my sister. What was I going to do? I was in denial, I didn't want to believe it, but two days later it really sunk it - there goes the for sale sign being put up in the front yard. I swear I didn't talk to her for about 2 days, but then I realized I needed to cherish my time left with her. About a month later, the moving truck comes strolling up down the street. That was probably the worst day of my life. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've had to do. That was the day that I lost my best friend, my sister. What was I going to do now? Who was I going to hang out with now? Who was I going to make fun of all the time? I'm pretty sure I gave her the longest, most dramatic hugs in the entire world. Who was going to play barbies and dress up with me? Who was going to go on golf cart rides? I had no idea what I was going to do. Our biggest fear was happening, right then and there. It was way too much to handle. But we got through it, we were always texting, face booking, sky ping, etc. Just seeing her drive away in that car, killed me. And that was the last time I saw her face to face. I miss you Adeline.