Just because

It was a regular summer day. I was sitting in my room staring almost blankly at the nonsense that was on TV. The air conditioner to my right was gently blowing so that the breeze slightly caressed my face and millions of little goose bumps arose all over my body. As the show flipped to a commercial, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was brown and had many legs; point blank it was an ugly creature no human being would miss in this world. Wait for it…………………. It was a centipede!

Now I’m not one of those humans who scream at every little bug they see. So I slowly searched around for a “weapon” which turned out to be a scrap of paper. I crept stealthily towards the white wall that it was frozen on. I eyed it down, whispering for it not to dare move because I did not feel like going on a while goose chase for the stupid thing. I raised the paper as to cover the insect in complete darkness. In the darkness of its soon to be demise. But I noticed it tilted its body up slightly. The creature almost looked like it was staring at me though I could not see any type of eyes in its small stature. Then, being a fan of fiction and mystery novels, I asked myself, What if? What if this is the bug that could end up saving this world from its own destruction? What if this bug has a family and is pleading ever so strongly but silently for me to let it live? What if this one centipede is an intelligent being? And so, as these questions bounced back and forth in my head, I saw the centipede tilt its body up further…And that was when I figured what the hell and said

“Hello there bug. Speak now if you have anything worthy to say or have the capability of speaking. For if not, you’ll just be yet another little speck in time.”

And so I waited and waited. The creature did not speak. So I lifted the paper up again and casted the shadow over it as before. But at the last possible second I could have sworn I saw the creature shake its head. Is it doing that out of fear or is it begging me to leave it be? Now at this moment, I had no idea what was going on, whether it was in my head or whether I was some part of a TV show…. And so I kissed the little thing right on its head. Yes, that’s right! I kissed a centipede. It’s just the same as the princess who kissed the frog right? But guess what happened? NOTHING! And so I carried the creature outside and it ran off on the many little legs it ran in on.

Moral of the story you may ask? Well, think before you do of course! You never know. It could end up saving a life. :)

Blue4 said...
You included great description, and the story was very entertaining in its randomness. Maybe try to substitute people for humans, as that word made it seem as though the narrarator was not quite human... people just don't really speak like that. Some parts a bit far-fetched, as in, the narrarator kissed the centipede? Gross! Can you please take a look at some of my work, rate and comment (especially "Time" and "The Dream Weaver")

Kbuschan replied...
haha ok yeh thanks