You plus Me equals We

I remember my first "I Do" with that Ring Pop in kindergarten. You asked me to marry you and I said "okay" and you saved up your quarters to buy me a ring.
I remember my first "I hate you" when you stole my favorite doll, I remember you teasing me and making her kiss your transformer. I remember that hot day in first grade, the finality of me saying "I don't love you anymore" because I never did
I remember my first ride, the way YOU hid in MY shirt because I was always braver. I remember screaming with my hands up even though we were only on the Tea Cups at Disneyland. I remember that day in second grade, smiling because I knew that I was the brave one and you couldn't beat it.

I remember singing at the talent show, knees trembling, voice trembling. I remember you clapping for me, cheering for me even though we were in a fight. I remember having a crush on you that day in third grade even though the next minute I went back to hating you.

I remember creating a debate club in our school and you declaring me a nerd. I remember being the ugly duckling of the class, I remember you staring at me with that ugly smirk on you face and wanting to slap it right off of your face. You being the popular jock who all the girls liked. I remember feeling so mad. That day in fourth grade I remember slapping you because you called me ugly. I remember you crying and me not saying a word because you and I both knew you deserved it.

I remember cutting my hair to my chin in fifth grade and becoming an anti-sexist person because I hated double standards. I remember you declaring me the smartest person in our class and me feeling so proud, then wilting with shame because the next second you said I was now a class geek and that meant I was a loser.

I remember you becoming the loser in sixth grade because I'd finally grown boobs and my hair had gone from red to blonde. I remember knowing I was beautiful and being it too. Being smart and beautiful. But I remember picking you up and cheering you up. I remember you joined the debate club with me and we finally made up from our three year feud.

I remember in seventh grade you tried to kiss me and i just punched you lightly in the arm because I was better then to want it. I remember you smiling and saying "I'll wait" I remember raising my eyebrows and giving you a lecture on being sexist and that thinking that I was that approachable was stereotypically sexist

I remember eighth grade you stared at me when I studied and I forgot you. I forgot all about you and made friends.

I remember going into high school being the cool but nice girl, but I was smart. I remember you kissing me and me letting you. I remember right after saying "But it doesn't mean i'm a stereotypical girl"

I remember you telling me "I know. That's why you plus me equal we"

I remember punching you because that was just so damn cheesy.

SonjaRenaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:10 pm:
Beautiful! It was really sweet, and I love how you used so many adjectives :)

Cielo4ever replied...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:11 am :
Thanks sooooo much that means a lot to me!!!!!!! <33

BreeTayler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
haha! i loved it! it was so terribly sweet! XD and the last line? soooo unbelievably clever! The story line was great. I liked the repitition of all the "i remember"s .. the one and only thing that through me off was I think in two or three different places you used the same noun. Lol I'm not the grammar police, because I'm pretty positive there's no rule against it, but it sort of messes up the flow from the rest of this GREAT STORY.  Things like "with that ugly smirk on your face and want... (more »)

Cielo4ever replied...
Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:25 pm :
Oh my gosh THANKS so much for the feedback I needed it!!! 

Blue4 said...
This is SO sweet! You have a nice writing style and the story flows very well. Can you please look at some of my work, rate, and tell me what you think?

Cielo4ever replied...
Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:25 pm :
Wow thanks a lot! Haha 

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 8:16 am:
Omigosh I love this!!! It's so beautiful. I love stories like this, and I could imagine every moment of this girl's life. It's adorable. I'm going to favorite this, because I'm sure I'm going to want to read this again. :)

Cielo4ever replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 11:48 am :
oh my gosh thanks so much! Haha, that really means a lot to me!