To arise

In my waking moments…I stretch my arms out towards the sky, yawn like a dog, and sluggishly crawl out of bed like Methuselah just met Mr. spider. The vacancy of my mind was empty, until a cloud appeared above my head. What should I have for breakfast? Sitting at the kitchen table, I poured myself a bowl of cheerios, and saturated my cereal with milk. I was looking forward to drinking the leftover milk out of the bowl, when I finished eating my cereal. My heart was beaming, like the sun bouncing off a trampoline. My eyes dilated, like someone was hitting punching bags behind my pupils. My body was tingly, like pop rocks were rushing through my blood stream. And my grin was so stretched out, it looked like some old lady was trying to rip the cheeks off my face. I walked over to my window. Pulled back the curtains. Opened up the latch. And stuck my head out, like a dog popping it’s head out of a car window. The clouds were marshmallows, mixed in baby blue icing. The sun looked like the lemon cake, back dropping the marshmallows, and the icing. I looked down at the grass. It was the decoration at the bottom of the cake. Then it hit me like Spalding, during gym class. It was birthday. I was happy. Life was good. In my waking moments….