Someday

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine the theatre full of people waiting to see the show. Humming along to my iPod I saw it. The lights shining down on me as I belted out the last notes of 'Because I Knew You' from the Broadway play Wicked. Of course I was Elphaba, but who would be Glinda? Sneaking into the theatre wasn't easy but it was definitely worth it. I slowly closed the door behind me and waited in awe at the beautiful scenery that awaited me.

All in due time, I would be the star, my name in lights, and all my dreams coming true. A young girl only 16 years old with one true passion. I guess that I made too much noise and attracted the attention of the guard. "Hey you, you're not supposed to be in here!" he grunted. I spun around searching for the words to say. "Um, I'm...I...I'm here for the munchkin costume fittings. They told me to come early." It didn't take a brain surgeon to tell that I was lying. He leaned against the column. "So you have big dreams of becoming the star on a Broadway stage. You have 15 minutes."

I couldn't help but smile. This was a dream come true, the first time in a long time, I was going places and meeting people. Well yes, he is just a guard but still. "Thank You!" I called out; he gave me a half wave in return before closing the door behind him. Running to the stage I felt whole again. This is where I belong. Jess Williams Broadway extraordinaire at large. "Just you wait," I said triumphantly while slipping back out, "Right after High School, I'll be back, and this time I'll have a name."

*Two Years Later*

"Jess Williams." The stage manager called. I stood up and smiled. "Welcome home...Elphaba." he said while smiling and shaking my hand.