Your Faithful Feline

I am your friend. Your loyal companion. The one who follows you everywhere you go. I sit outside the bathroom as you shower, outside the school when you study. My green eyes are always watching for you to make a move.
I sit, right now, on the bookcase across from your bed in your room. You call me down to sit next to you. I come obediently, though I know you wouldn’t do anything if I just stared at you from the bookcase.
Tears run down your face as you speak words that mean nothing to me. I know you’re sad, I rub against your hand and crossed legs to try to comfort you, and scratch the itch behind my ear.
The only time I leave you is when you lock me in the house or you step into a car. I cannot follow you then. Only wait for your return.
But, as you cry and wail and speak your nonsense, I soothe you. I let you know that everything is okay. That everything is still normal. As you speak, you relax and start to run your hand through my fur. You pick me up and cradle me in your arms like an infant, but I don’t mind. As long as you keep me safe.
Your breathing slows down and becomes more even and deep. You begin your slumber and I slip out of your arms to go patrol throughout your room and house.
I am your feline, and you are my friend. You feed me and in return I offer companionship and loyalty. I am your faithful feline, so to speak. I will stay by your side until my death.

Lacer said...
Just love cats ;p

Golden14 said...
I love cats, even though my current feline doesn't like people. This was the epitome of what a cat is to a person, loyal, caring, calm. I loved it! Great job!