Invisible Part 1 | Teen Ink

Invisible Part 1

June 13, 2011
By singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts
singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts
16 articles 2 photos 158 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin


“THAT’S WHAT YOU DESERVE!!” She shouts angrily down the hall before storming away to the bathroom. Her eyes spill over with warm tears as she grips tightly onto the porcelain sink. She looks herself in the eye hard, through the mirror. A scared, little girl looks back at her. A lost child stares at her. The person on the other side of the glass is a liar. This isn’t true. This isn’t fair. She struggles to choke back her tears and weeps over the sink. Her long, stringy hair acts like a ginger-colored curtain and hides her from the world outside. She hears footsteps against the waxy floors down the hall and hastily wipes her tears away from her face. She straightens her blouse in the mirror and combs her finger through her hair. Her heart beats faster as she turns to see shiny, grey Jordan’s side by side at the doorway. She reluctantly looks up and sees her ex standing there, watching her, eyes flaming. She nervously takes a step back and plays with the small, silver butterfly ring on her pinky finger. He takes an aggressive step forward and glares right at her. A tiny noise slips from her mouth. “You aren’t supposed to be in here, Aaron.” Her voice cracks to her disappointment, making her seem even more vulnerable and scared.

“Oh no?” He grins and takes another step. “I think this can be a exception.”

“What are you doing? Aaron, please, I’m sorry, stop, stop, STOP!” Tears begin to fall from her eyes again, not in sorrow but in fear. She takes a step backwards towards a stall and reaches out behind her for the door. He grabs at her wrist but she quickly jumps out of his way. “Can we please just talk about this?!” She huddles herself into the corner of the bathroom, right next to the window. A cold breeze blows its way into the room. She shivers and whimpers, feeling bad for herself already. He gives a sympathetic look then snickers and kicks at her shoes. “Listen, b*tch. Don’t ever mess with me again, alright? Stay off me and no one gets hurt.” He laughs once again and stalks out of the bathroom. She takes a shaky breath and slowly gets up. She bends down to brush the dirt off of her moccasins and takes one last glance in the mirror. She sees that same scared little girl again. Inhaling, she turns to the door and walks out into the hall with as much confidence as she conjure up inside. One of Aaron’s jock friends was waiting for her in the hall to point and chuckle at her before walking off. As she quietly snuck into class and slouched down in the back, she silently prayed to herself that she could be invisible. That she could disappear. Forever.


The author's comments:
I literally wrote this in about 30 minutes... ;) it came to me. My sister was having a little trouble over her ex who was being completely immature. Something triggered in my mind after that and I just began typing! To all my girls out there who hate their exes, remember to stay strong! You are sooooo much better than they are..cliche, I know. But so true! Work it girls! Also, I am ALWAYS looking for advice!! Please comment, rate, etc...lemme know if I should follow through with the possible sequel..any ideas for Part 2? ;) <333 With Love!!