Freedom Comes With Pain | Teen Ink

Freedom Comes With Pain

By Hillary Adkins BRONZE, Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Hillary Adkins BRONZE, Catlettsburg, Kentucky

The day began perfectly normal. I woke up, showered, dressed, did my hair and make-up, then went to school. Everything seemed fine. When I got to school I found everything was just the opposite.

To my surprise when I walked into the auditorium I saw my boyfriend kissing Lillian Brown! How could that even happen? I am a lot prettier than she is, I get better grades, and I am very funny. Sorry if I sound conceited but I just don’t get it.

I was filled with a range of emotions. Betrayal , anger, sadness, and a strange feeling of joy.

After I broke up with him I felt so free. I was full of energy and life. He was bringing me down.

Once my brief moment of delight was over I felt empty. Like someone had came and sucked the life from me. It was truly awful but with the help of my friends I was able to get over him quickly.

After the emptiness left me the joy returned. Nothing could wipe the smile off my face. It was great! I realized that I don’t need a boyfriend to be happy, all I need is my friends, family, and God.

I wrote this one day when I was bored. I hope people will get that with freedom comes pain because even though you know something is right it still feels wrong to you.