Beneficial Friend

We looked at each other’s baby pictures. We went to the mall together and rode the carousel in the food court. We flew cheap little kid kites, his had Lightening McQueen on it, mine had Disney Princesses. We talked on the phone all night long. We made cookies together, though they tasted horrible. We swam in my pool together. He rode on his motorcycle.

Then he got a girlfriend, and being best friends seemed impossible. He took her on “dates” and bought her jewelry. He brought her roses and took her to prom. He kissed her in public, and did more behind-the-scenes. He showed her my favorite baby picture of him, where he’s dressed like a sailor. He took her to the mall and they rode the carousel with her, in our teacup. He got new kites, Sponge-Bob and Dora, and the flew them with her. He talked to her on the phone all night, and I got sent to voicemail. They probably made cookies together, and they probably tasted amazing. They swam in her pool and rode his motorcycle around town.

He got a new best friend, and one with benefits.

JustAnotherOwl said...
This was very good! I especially like the last line and how it matches with the title (and how the title is misleading). Short and sweet.

ChelseyChelsey said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 8:24 am
wow that is really good i loved it :)