Carve Me This... | Teen Ink

Carve Me This...

July 4, 2011
By ninapaniena PLATINUM, Sammamish, Washington
ninapaniena PLATINUM, Sammamish, Washington
20 articles 7 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
To be a good surgeon you have to think like a surgeon, emotions are messy, tuck them neatly away and step into a clean sterile room, where the procedure is simple, cut suture, and close. But sometimes your faced with a cut that won't heal, a cut that rips the stitches right open


“I am a block.” she said, “You have already been carved, so I am asking; Please carve me. Carve me that perfect figure, the slim and sexy one, the curvy one that attracts all those boys. Carve me that hair. Those perfect curls that give off that radiant shine. Please, oh, please carve me that face. The face with those beautiful brown eyes that twinkle in the light. Carve me that nose. The nose that is perfectly in proportion to those lips. The plump pink lips that look as soft as a cloud and as shiny as a clean mirror. And those legs. Those legs that are long and tan, the ones that give off that radiant shine.”

“Many people in society ask for this, but if everyone had this, where would diversity go?” he said, “Individuality would be lost. You can work for it but it won’t be given to you. You don’t need this. You are beautiful. Just. The. Way. You. Are.”


The author's comments:
My friend asked me to write a piece about beauty and self-esteem so after 6 days of hard thinking, I found a way to compose an artistic piece about.. beauty.(and self-esteem)