Dreamland | Teen Ink

Dreamland

June 21, 2011
By Anonymous

I didn’t know what else to do with all my problems. So I decided to just lose myself in my writing, even though class was going to start soon and I’d have to leave it, and return back to the real world.

But I must use this time while I have it. So I’ll make up a fantasy world that’ll help me lose myself. I love losing myself in my writing, it’s so calming and happy. Peaceful.

The trees swayed in the light wind, making light rustling sounds as the many different leaves clashed together. The meadow was small, but provided a safe place for me to escape to. The grass was tall, with many wildflowers dotting the area. Shades of blue, pink, and yellow were seen all over. I sat down in the middle of the clearing, lay down, and looked up into the sky. A large cloud covered the sun, saving my eyes from harm.
*

















*















*

I temporarily had to leave… we had done something in class. But now I’ve let my mind return to this paradise. I try so desperately to shut out everything around me, and just let my imagination flow free and take me away from here, forever.

The cloud was puffy, and dark around the edges. It was like a perfect cloud. It seemed to stay in that place, without moving on to the next bit of land to protect from the sun. A fox poked its head out through a nearby bush, gazing at me intently. I smiled and held out my hand, motioning it to come close. It slowly stalked out of the thicket, and stopped only a few feet from where I was sitting. It was making a sniffing noise, debating whether I was safe or dangerous.


The little fox turned and left the clearing. I decided to get on my feet and run, leave and go someplace else so I wouldn’t subconsciously return to the terrible world my body still dwelled in. I ran through the trees, running into branches but not feeling it at all. Soon I emerged through the trees and entered a beach, with a lake beyond. There was a boat waiting for me on the shore. Without even thinking, I hurried toward it and pushed it into the water, grabbing the wooden ores and pushing myself away from the sandy shore.

I paddled for only a few minutes, when I approached what appeared to be an island.


I was back in the real world, thinking about the terrible things that happened to me that day. He believed the rumours, and because of that he was leaving me alone to fend for myself. How could he believe such ridiculous things? Things that were far from true. He loved me… he was supposed to stand by me.

No, I must return to… what shall I call it? Dreamland. It’s simple, and self-explanatory. I must return to Dreamland, to save myself!


I left the boat on the side of the island…

School business again. I am gone from Dreamland and back to reality. I must stay there for a while…
*
















*















*

I am supposed to be working on something, but I`m afraid of myself. I keep thinking about these problems and I need to escape for a little bit. I`m coming, Dreamland!

I started exploring the shore of the island, finding lots of shells and bones and things that washed up over the years. Then I started to make my way through, across the island…

I must work again, on my project.
*
















*















*
Okay, this project is too hard and I really need to escape. I have math class next, so I won`t have a computer. I`ll have to manage just with my journal. It won`t be too hard…


The author's comments:
I was desperately trying to leave the world so I wrote this short story, from my point of view. It helped me a lot.