Rain on a Sapphire night | Teen Ink

Rain on a Sapphire night

May 25, 2011
By cherryblossom12 BRONZE, Cooma, Other
cherryblossom12 BRONZE, Cooma, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live life like you will die tomorrow, but love as if it's eternal


As she stood in the warm night a clear rain began to fall. She stared up into the sapphire sky and let the sweet spring rain wash her face of the tears that she had shed, she sat down on the moist grass and closed her eyes, her face still upheld to the sky above. She then laid down on the grass, her blue black hair fanning out on the grass, she laid there, her white night gown being saturated with the warm rain that was turning to mist as it hit her warm skin. She laid in the grass, her head being cleared of all thoughts and confusion, until all that was left was nothing except the sound of her beating heart inside her chest and the rain as it hit her skin. For this short time she was content, nothing intruding on her, but she new she had to come back to reality. She stood back up and left the field were she had lied in the rain on a sapphire night.


The author's comments:
This is the first piece I have published, so I hope anyone reading it like it. My inspiration for it was how when I listen to rain in the dark it takes any thought out of my head and just leaves me in a small state of bliss, something everyone should experience.