My Boyfriend's Pain | Teen Ink

My Boyfriend's Pain

By Nikkiwheelwrong BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa
Nikkiwheelwrong BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa

Boys are like lava lamps, they're fun to look at but aren't very bright.

I sat in my 6th period class, drumming my fingers on the top of the table, just waiting for the clock to turn to 1:07, because that was when I would see the best boyfriend in the world, Alex Doyle. He was tall, lean, and had a perfect smile. At exactly 1:08 he met me right outside of French class. Once he saw me he pulled me in towards him for a close hug and a quick kiss on my cheek. The warning bell rang and he said his goodbye turning to go to his next class. That’s what I love about him, how close I can get to him and how close he always wants me to be.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

The rest of the day blew by faster than the wind. When I walked into the house it seemed emptier than usual. Something was different, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. My parents were at work and my sister was at school, but still, something still didn’t feel right. As I walked down the stairs there was Alex leaning against the wall. He startled me and I fell backward, landing on my butt. I then heard a chuckle coming from where Alex was standing.
“You’re so cute,” he said with a smirk as he helped me to my feet.
He pulled me close to him, close enough so that I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I tried to pull away but he just held me tighter. When I yelled at him to left go he just tried to kiss me. I refused, and he loosened his grip. When I turned to look at him, he looked angry. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in the left side of my jaw. AT first I didn’t know what happened then I saw Alex with his hand in a fist and tasted the blood in my mouth.
After I saw him I knew it was all over. After that it was blow after blow, one to my stomach then several to my head, face, and neck. Then he began to kick me repeatedly in my right side. Thankfully he got a call on his cell phone and had to leave in a hurry.
I didn’t know what happened because I blacked out, but I later found out that my sister came home and saw me then called 911. Then the ambulance came and took me to the hospital where I was treated for a broken nose, a ruptured spleen , and several broken ribs. My abuser was eventually found and taken to jail and I now have an extremely hard time trusting boys, no matter who they are.

This piece is totally fiction and has no reference to my real life. This piece should make you think about our generation today, dating, relationships, and knowing how far is too far.

on Jun. 12 2011 at 9:12 am
Nikkiwheelwrong BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa

Why thank you Kadin! :)

Kadin BRONZE said...
on Jun. 12 2011 at 8:22 am
Kadin BRONZE, Johnston, Iowa

Dear NIkki,

This article is really good! I loved how the descriptions were so vivid and the content really does make you think about what can happen. Overall this story is VERY good!