A story about you | Teen Ink

A story about you

By rach1995 BRONZE, Kirkland, Quebec, Other
rach1995 BRONZE, Kirkland, Quebec, Other

You met a guy at school. Not just any guy; the guy. He is everything you ever looked for in a boyfriend; beautiful, strong, funny, smart, easy to talk to, and eyes that could melt your heart every time he looks at you. You never thought he could be yours, after all, he just seems to be the most amazing person alive, someone a girl like you could never get. After months of staring and dreaming, wondering and wishing, you realize that you need to search for the courage speak to him. Hopefully you will become one of the girls that he winks to in the hallway; since you know that you will have crossed his mind for even a second. Finally, the perfect opportunity to introduce yourself arises; he has a homework question. You start a conversation and it leads to the two of you becoming the best of friends. You realize that there is more to him than the tough, popular front, and that he is just as needy and weak as you are. You seek comfort in each other, spend nights enjoying each other’s company. You watch the metamorphosis of what was once the caterpillar of lust morph into the much more beautiful butterfly of love. You are completely and utterly in love with him, as he is with you. You know that you can trust him forever, and expect him to expect the same from you. Once it is summer, you get a letter from him; he is moving far away, and he can no longer speak to you or see you; he will cut off all ties to ease the pain. You cannot trust any longer, the person that you gave your heart and soul to has broken it. You hear him trying to fall for your best friend, to ease the pain of having to leave you. You think that he was just another one of those jerks, yet another guy just trying to take advantage of the broken girl. You decide to see him off at the airport, despite how much he has hurt you, just to say goodbye. He is holding your best friend in his arms, but looking at you with sorrow filling his ice cold blue eyes. Then you realize, he is more broken than you are, and he was trying to fill a void in his life that only you could fill, destructing the best relationship he ever had so he doesn’t get hurt. Leaving you was the best decision he ever made, because he realizes that just because something can be so perfect, doesn’t mean it is meant to be.

This story is based on my own experiences, though they were stretch and changed so that can speak to any girl that has been through love and loss. To make this a story that anyone can relate to, there are no characters; only you and him.

on Jun. 8 2011 at 9:06 pm
Love it ! :)

on Jun. 7 2011 at 9:45 am
asheyknees123 SILVER, Peachtree City, Georgia
i love the way you used "you" instead of "i" or "she"

kittykat1993 said...
on Jun. 6 2011 at 3:22 pm
This is such a great story! It rings true to me, and I can relate