Cellphone Attachment | Teen Ink

Cellphone Attachment

May 13, 2011
By SaraLee BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
SaraLee BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be today, tomorrow.
~Author Unknown


 
In the Wong house, lives a set of triplets, their brother, and Papa. The girls, Sammy, Telly, and Tulip, have long black hair with blond streaks, they are really pretty and have blue eyes. Their hair up in piggy tails, wearing a similar outfit, but in different colors, everyday. Their brother D.J. has short black hair, always gels the front of his hair, spiked with the top curved. Also, he has the green eyes of his dad. The usual outfit would be a pair dark blue jeans, a shirt with a skateboard logo on it like Plan B or Finesse, a blue sweater from A.E., and a flat brimmed Red Sox hat. Papa, their father, has deep brown hair, green eyes, and glasses. He absolutely loves his children and would jump out of a plane with a broken parachute for them, if he needed to.
 
D.J. has had a phone for three years, since he was 13 years old on his birthday. Unlike other students in his classes, D.J. is not at all crazed about his phone. He now has an iPhone 4 that has many cool things it can do, but he isn't obsessed with it. On the other hand however, it is the girls thirteenth birthday, and they have had very well behavior for the past few months. I'm guessing they will each get something super special for their birthday. Their party was at Color Me Mine. All their friends came and got them their most favorite accessories. Scarfs, hats, Cd's, even makeup and expensive jewelry. D.J. got them each their favorite color of a handmade no-sew snuggie, that he designed especially for them. They absolutely loved them. I am sure you could guess what Papa got them. When they started to unwrap the gift from Papa and it started ringing, they screamed with excitement. They all got their very own iPhone 4s! Each phone had a different skin and other bank breaking accessories. They fell in love, with all the games, music and pictures they could have and take, and, of course, all the stuff phones were really made to do.
 
They absolutely loved their phones. They brought them every where and did everything with them, just like Linus and his security blanket. All summer they were crazed with their phones. Telly liked to play Tap-Tap, Sammy liked to watch episodes of Days of Our Lives, and Tulip liked to listen to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and other Disney songs.
 
When they were away from home and the battery died out in the middle of them playing their favorite game, when they did not have a charger, they just freaked out, bouncing up and down the walls. Their iPhones seemed to be the only thing that kept them quiet for more than 30 seconds. Papa and D.J. did not know what to do.

The author's comments:
This is a Satire of the over use of cellphones.