Headphones | Teen Ink

Headphones

By MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan
MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

Saying someone shouldnt be sad because others have it worse is like saying someone shouldnt be happy because others have it better

She pulls her sleeves down, covering the marks that will never heal. She walks out of her room, grabs her backpack then walks
out the door pulling her hood over her head. She walks to the bus
stop and people start to stare. Her head goes down and her hair
covers her face and her eyes start pour. The bus pulls up and they get on and she sits in the back of the bus all alone with darkness and sorrow surrounding her. The bus stops at the school door and they all get out and walk in the building. She opens the locker, grabs her stuff, walks to her class, and sits down in her seat.

The bell rings and everyone's in the class doing their work and
talking about her. She gets done with her work, turning it in and
sitting back down turning on her head phones to tune things out.

The bell rings again and schools out. They get on the bus and as
she walks by people start to laugh, calling her names and telling jokes. She looks at the floor of the bus while walking to the back seat.They make it to the bus stop and everyone rushes out.

She gets to her house and there's her parents yelling and
screaming so loud the house echoes. She pulls out her
headphones and turns them on again blaring it so loud its the only thing she hears. She watches as her parents run out the house.
She turns down her headphones as her parents drive away.

She goes to her room and drops her stuff on the ground, she goes
in the kitchen and washes the dishes. Her brother walks in and stops at the door. He hits his hands together and forms a fist. She tries to run to her room but its to late. He grabs her by the collar, pulling her near him and hits her non-stop. She falls to the floor, blood surrounding her and bruises covering her body. The police come to the house, looked at the girl and knew they were to late.

Now her brother is in the jail cell, her mom has a job and her
dad is living with some other lady, while shes laying alone in the coffin, buried underneath the ground with her headphones lying
next to her.

I wrote this about a young girl who lives a harsh life. People make fun of her and her family abuse her.

I got this idea because everyday someone goes threw harsh times and most people don't understand that and some people want to make their selves better by hurting those around them but then the people who hurt others, sometimes don't understand how it can really hurt someone.

Daddy:) said...
on May. 27 2011 at 12:02 pm
I can see you put some time into this. Your words are chosen well and deliberate. Not just splashed on a page.

on May. 27 2011 at 11:00 am
MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

yea...lol thanks! it took me a while to write it too(:

on May. 27 2011 at 10:59 am
MirandaLouise BRONZE, Taylor, Michigan

thank you so much! im glad you liked it(:

mylifeits said...
on May. 27 2011 at 8:18 am
I can really see what your motiviation was to write this :) Very well done

Christopher said...
on May. 27 2011 at 6:17 am
Very good writing, I really liked it, sad story but a good one.