Suburbanism at its Best | Teen Ink

Suburbanism at its Best

By Gigiliciousdefinicious BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Gigiliciousdefinicious BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it!

A girl stood on the edge of the gum stained highly littered sidewalk. Her hair was bright pink and choppy and her eyes were heavily rimmed with black. She nodded at the teenagers leaning up against the motel across the street-smoking weed. A mother drove her pregnant teenage daughter to the hospital.
The street was lit by the neon "A** Station" sign. It had previously read "Gas Station" before the "G" went out and the local teenagers added an extra "S." A car sped by, the drunken driver ignored the "Stop War" Sign- courtesy of the hippies- and then- the bus came and picked up the girl.

You will notice that there was no climax to this story- not in this girls life anyway- that is because there isn't always. If you're seeking adventure you can look through the eyes of the young mother, or a teen the drunken driver may have hit-- but for now you should remember- This is suburbanism at its best.

on May. 22 2011 at 1:27 am

Thanks so much! I will check it out

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

This is great keep up the tremendous work i really enjoyed it if you could would you please check out and comment on my story Numb. i would really appreciate the feedback