Prom-The Night of Doom | Teen Ink

Prom-The Night of Doom

By priya1243 BRONZE, Plano, Texas
priya1243 BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Prom is the night every teenager dreams of and begins to plan for the moment they walk through the doors of high school. You see that junior that you think is cute and wish that he would ask you to prom. However, prom comes at a great price. In fact, this night can destroy your entire life. As teenagers, we are old enough to make decisions based on common sense, but what if we lacked common sense on prom night?
The excitement prom gives is like a drug itself that keep you dancing on the top of mountain ecstasy. On the other hand, we tend to make stupid decisions. We expose ourselves to alcohol, sex, and drugs; the whole package in one night.
As I began to shop around for the stunning dress for prom, I contemplated how exciting the night would be. My girlfriends and I gossiped about everything that there is to know while putting on our dresses and make-up for the night. Girls are not the best at keeping secrets, and this episode before the actual prom begins the journey downhill. The rumors that were spread on prom night will be heard all around out school and hurt others. Then come of the handsome, charming young boys ready to take us to the night of our lives.
We stopped at P.F. Chang’s for dinner to enjoy some time before we head on over to Marriot Hotel. Laughing for hours, we joked about robbing a bank, getting wasted and other nonsense, not knowing that my friends will be committing one of the biggest mistakes of their lives.
The banquet hall was gorgeous in the dim lights and the once we stepped onto the dance floor, the night came alive. People with beautiful, silky dresses, food, music, and the laughter of teenagers. Unfortunately, the beauty of the night was just as prominent as were the negative aspects. Two boys in a corner drinking beer and others slowly joining them. As if that wasn’t enough, the commotion in the restrooms where drugs were being dealt out and people screaming like animals from the high. For a while, this didn’t disturb the party, not until a fight broke out outside in the hallway. Blood was dripping down the noses of two of my friends who were high and deluded. The night of our lives turned into a nightmare.
The cops were called and the two boys had to be arrested. Wait, the commotion hasn’t ended yet. Upstairs, in some “private” rooms, my fellow classmates, not a lot of them, but still, my classmates were fooling around with their boyfriends in bed. Of course they were arrested for the time being as well. I am glad that I was the wise person that used my brain to not make stupid decisions.
Of course, this is all fictional, no I haven’t been to a prom yet. However, I have heard the stories and they are as real as I described.
Now think about it. Is this truly the kind of elements we want to expose ourselves to? It is time rethink our actions. Think about the consequences the next time you see people drinking, doing drug, or having sex by taking advantage of the night when you are at the epitome of freedom.

on May. 11 2011 at 11:18 am
thats.about.it. BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

I was the kid next door's imaginary friend. -Emo Phillips

I appreciate your view on prom. I thought I was one of the few who felt that way. Thanks for putting it out there for all to see!

on May. 10 2011 at 5:54 pm
priya1243 BRONZE, Plano, Texas

i am rly sry for this, i didn't mean to upset anyone. i just expressed mmy point of view. in all reality, if you are able to make better choices, then you will have a blast at ur prom. 

i am sry that this upsets u

have an AMAZING prom :)

on May. 10 2011 at 4:07 pm
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York

"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."

that was enticing but very depressing my prom is coming up and u just put so many bad things in my head