Just like me | Teen Ink

Just like me

By Cellist1997 BRONZE, Gahanna, Ohio
Cellist1997 BRONZE, Gahanna, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Does he know that I am more than just a child? To him I am just a 15 year old girl in an over-developed body just trying to speak my mind but not having the vocabulary skills to do so.
“Its 1st period on a Monday morning, why are you already in trouble young lady”? Mr. Lock said without any feeling at all
“It’s not that easy Mr. Lock!, I try to not talk back, it’s just the kids laugh at me, and the work Is too hard, I feel like there isn’t anyone else like me in the class and no teachers understand me”. I said trying to hold back the tears that were about to explode onto my face.
“Room 202 will be waiting for you Casey”. He said harshly, like he had no care in the world for me or all that I have been through in the past year.
I got up out of his “over sat in” chair and sauntered out of his office and through the halls. The walls were white and had no creativity at all. Why is it that Mr. Lock cannot understand that math and science is not the only important thing in the world?
I saw room 202 painted above a door and slowly started to open the wooden door, I was nervous and my hands were sweating more than usual, but I had to be courageous, I had to do it for her, she’s worth it. Fortunately, I was welcomed by several warm smiles from girls I knew were just like me. Then the teacher looked me dead strait in the eye, and I looked back. I saw her deep blue eyes and felt something I had never felt before. I felt like I fit in, because I did. I am now surrounded my other teenaged moms getting through life just like me.
“So you girls, your all just like me”? I said with a sense of pride

I hope that people will know no matter what their case is there is always going to be someone out there gonig through the same thing. You never have to be alone just dig deep and find what your looking for.