The Park | Teen Ink

The Park

April 18, 2011
By Ashley Avizius BRONZE, Bolingbrook, Illinois
Ashley Avizius BRONZE, Bolingbrook, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was the end of my sophomore year of high school and I was hanging out with a few of my friends at the park across the street from the school. We were sitting in the back of Ryan’s truck listening to music and having a good time. Out of nowhere we see a cop car pull up and park behind the car that was behind us, the cop got out and told the people that were by that car to line up along the cop car. Then another cop pulled up, and walked toward us and told us to line up along his car. None of us knew what we did wrong; we were just listening to music and having a good time.

The cops searched each vehicle; we all thought we were going to jail. We asked what we did wrong and the cop said was “we got a call from someone at the school saying you were doing and selling drugs out here.” We were so mad because none of were doing that. Finally the relief came, no one got arrested or in trouble. We were all free, after the cops finally left we pretty much jumped for joy. We were so happy no one got arrested. It was like when the cops got there the sky went grey and when they left the sun came out and there wasn’t a cloud in sight! After the cops left we left and went to Portillo’s and got some food then we went to Ryan’s house and hung out for a while.