Shattered glass | Teen Ink

Shattered glass

April 4, 2011
By Bookiewookie BRONZE, Williston Park, New York
Bookiewookie BRONZE, Williston Park, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"iT'S IMPORTANT TO BE NICE BUT NICE TO BE IMPORTANT"-Alyssa Milano


I loved him. I loved him so. This I swear to you. He was about 31 years my senior; but I had fallen for him hard. He was everything a girl could want and more. When I was 18 he gave me our first and only child, Kalbithra. Kali for short. She was everything I hoped to be and more. The child was beautiful. She enjoyed dance and was a free spirit; you could say she got that from me. Not so sure what she got from her father though. Kali had long light brown her that fell just below her butt. I would wrap it in a bun when she would go for dance. One day she was practicing some releve’s in the kitchen as I cooked awaiting my husband. He had been working hard once again. I waited 3 months and still no contact with him. I did everything I could to get in touch with him, but no answer. Kali of course did not notice. I for one did. Usually when he ran off a few weeks or days later I’d hear from him and he’d beg for me to take him back. I knew this time wouldn’t be the same. This was the last time I’d see my husband.

Kali laid on the grass next to me and stared up at the clouds. “Momma, what do you suppose is up there?” She asked. I looked at her for a moment and pondered. “Well, honey I just don’t know. Whatever you want to be up there.” I replied. She smiled and thought. “I could be whatever I want and love whoever I want and you’d accept me?” “Of course, Kali you’re my baby. I have to except you.” I nodded in agreement. “Then does that mean poppa doesn’t accept us? You and I? Is that why he left?” She asked. “I don’t know why he left; your father has a way of going about things I guess. He’s always been that way; except for in the beginning of our relationship, way before you came about.” I answered. I always wondered why he had interest in me, me of all people. I wasn’t pretty, although people often told me I was beautiful. I knew I was in my heart but I couldn’t come around to really believing it I guess. He always accepted me and I always went along with everything; I thought of him to be wiser and moralized. I never really knew him. NEVER. Then again, he never really knew me. The real me.

The author's comments:
It is something I just made up and Is worth reading! <3