Dream

“Run . . . run Rose!” I screamed to myself. “Don’t look back. Whatever you do, don’t look back!” I knew if I did then I would slow down, and right now I needed all of my strength, speed, and power to get away.

“Rose? Rose, I know you can heart me! He shouted. “Just stop running and everything will be okay. You know I want to be with you forever Rose, I love you.” He continued shouting, “Stop running away from me Rose! I will protect you. Come back with me.” He pleaded.

He. Who was “He”? I did not know or recognized his voice. But regardless, I knew I was in danger and kept running for my life. I was tired, my muscles were sore, clothing torn, out of breath, and I was pretty sure her appearance was horrendous. My throat was burning like fire from the lack of water, my stomach felt hollow from lack of food, and I kept getting dizzy spells every few minutes that was slowing her down.

Off in the distance I saw a figure and started running faster towards it. As I got closer I tried to scream, but my voice was stuck in my throat and the only thing that came out was a choke. So I then cleared my throat; gathered as much saliva in my mouth to sallow, stopped running to build up all of her energy that she could conjure up.

“Help-Me! . . . Somebody . . . please HELP!” I knew I didn’t have that much time left. I knew HE had heard me and was coming to het me. I jerked my feet forward even though everything in my body wanted to give out, lay down and rest but I knew I couldn’t.

As I got closer to the figured; I could tell it was a male, early twenties and a little over 6 feet tall. He looked like he was scanning the wood looking for something, and I was hoping whatever he was scanning for was me and get me away from HIM.

As I came into the small clearing, I saw he carried a gun in his right hand. He slowly turned to faced me and I froze. Silent tears falling from my eyes hoping I survive whatever my fate may lay. Less than 30 seconds passed and I heard rapid footsteps approaching behind me. From the corner of my eye I was him stop less than 10 feet from me. All I could do was stare from one man to the other with fear written all over me. At that time I was sure she was going to die tonight.

“Roza.” The man with the gun whispered. He had a strange accent I couldn’t place. I looked at him with confusion in my eyes. I really looked at him; he had chocolate brown eyes, hair that reached his shoulders, khaki shorts, and a white tank top. She looked into his eyes and was instantly drawn in, his eyes reflected hers. He slowly raised the gun right at me and pulled the trigger.

I fell on my knees thinking I was shot, done for. I felt numb, couldn’t feel. I retreated back into my mind thinking I was about to die, right there in the woods, where no one would ever probably find me. Dying without telling the people I carried about most Good-Bye.

I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air, trying to fill my lugs with oxygen I desperately needed. I was dripping from sweat, my night clothes clung to my body like a second layer of skin. I was dying to feel ice cold water running down her throat. I reached over to turn on the light and laid back down looking at the ceiling trying to catch my breath.

Once I returned to my room from drinking a glass of water I lay in my bed trying to figure out what it all means, but gives up thinking it was just a dream.

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
I like it, but only one thing confuses me.  Why did he kill her, does it have anything to really do with her or just some random dream?

CassandraStephens replied...
May 3, 2011 at 11:16 am
I guess you couldn't really tell, but he didn't kill her. He actually shot the man that was chasing her. I was going to continue this story but I didn't know if i should or not .

Odessa_Sterling00 replied...
Oh sorry, I got really confused.