Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

April 12, 2011
By CassandraStephens BRONZE, Sarasota, Florida
CassandraStephens BRONZE, Sarasota, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
\\\\\\\"If you want to be somebody, and you want to go somewhere, you\\\\\\\'ve got to wake up and pay attention.\\\\\\\"


“Run . . . run Rose!” I screamed to myself. “Don’t look back. Whatever you do, don’t look back!” I knew if I did then I would slow down, and right now I needed all of my strength, speed, and power to get away.

“Rose? Rose, I know you can heart me! He shouted. “Just stop running and everything will be okay. You know I want to be with you forever Rose, I love you.” He continued shouting, “Stop running away from me Rose! I will protect you. Come back with me.” He pleaded.

He. Who was “He”? I did not know or recognized his voice. But regardless, I knew I was in danger and kept running for my life. I was tired, my muscles were sore, clothing torn, out of breath, and I was pretty sure her appearance was horrendous. My throat was burning like fire from the lack of water, my stomach felt hollow from lack of food, and I kept getting dizzy spells every few minutes that was slowing her down.

Off in the distance I saw a figure and started running faster towards it. As I got closer I tried to scream, but my voice was stuck in my throat and the only thing that came out was a choke. So I then cleared my throat; gathered as much saliva in my mouth to sallow, stopped running to build up all of her energy that she could conjure up.

“Help-Me! . . . Somebody . . . please HELP!” I knew I didn’t have that much time left. I knew HE had heard me and was coming to het me. I jerked my feet forward even though everything in my body wanted to give out, lay down and rest but I knew I couldn’t.

As I got closer to the figured; I could tell it was a male, early twenties and a little over 6 feet tall. He looked like he was scanning the wood looking for something, and I was hoping whatever he was scanning for was me and get me away from HIM.

As I came into the small clearing, I saw he carried a gun in his right hand. He slowly turned to faced me and I froze. Silent tears falling from my eyes hoping I survive whatever my fate may lay. Less than 30 seconds passed and I heard rapid footsteps approaching behind me. From the corner of my eye I was him stop less than 10 feet from me. All I could do was stare from one man to the other with fear written all over me. At that time I was sure she was going to die tonight.

“Roza.” The man with the gun whispered. He had a strange accent I couldn’t place. I looked at him with confusion in my eyes. I really looked at him; he had chocolate brown eyes, hair that reached his shoulders, khaki shorts, and a white tank top. She looked into his eyes and was instantly drawn in, his eyes reflected hers. He slowly raised the gun right at me and pulled the trigger.

I fell on my knees thinking I was shot, done for. I felt numb, couldn’t feel. I retreated back into my mind thinking I was about to die, right there in the woods, where no one would ever probably find me. Dying without telling the people I carried about most Good-Bye.



I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air, trying to fill my lugs with oxygen I desperately needed. I was dripping from sweat, my night clothes clung to my body like a second layer of skin. I was dying to feel ice cold water running down her throat. I reached over to turn on the light and laid back down looking at the ceiling trying to catch my breath.

Once I returned to my room from drinking a glass of water I lay in my bed trying to figure out what it all means, but gives up thinking it was just a dream.

The author's comments:
What inspired me to write this piece is because in my English hon. class my teacher wanted us to write some form of dream; I choose to do this instead of one of my own personal dreams.