Love In A Picture | Teen Ink

Love In A Picture

April 4, 2011
By AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
60 articles 52 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.


Looking around the room, I spotted Max drawing. His black emo hair, done in just the right way, was half-covering his eyes. When you were looking him directly in the face, his chocolate brown eyes were beautiful. His teeth were perfectly white and he looked like he should be one of those popular, rich kids that are always in each school. But Max chose to be goth. A very talkative goth I might add.

Across the room, I heard a cell phone ring, playing “Friday” by Rebecca Black. Someone in the back of the room yelled, “I wish!”

Laughter spread throughout the room, while the red-faced student reluctantly gave her cell phone to Mrs. Blackthorne, the strict, overweight English teacher every single student in the school wants to kill.

I turned back to face Max, who was still drawing, unfazed by what had just happened. He suddenly looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back, and then looked back at the teacher.

Mrs. Blackthorne was yelling at us about grammar and how every student should learn to talk the right way. None of us really cared, and none of us paid attention, too busy texting under our desks.

The bell rings, and we all rush to be the first one out of the classroom. Mrs. Blackthorne is yelling at us, but no one is paying attention. Out in the hallway, someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to find Max holding a piece of paper out to me. I take the paper and read it. It was the drawing Max had been working on in class. I was shocked. I looked back up, but Max was gone.



Walking out of the school, I pull back out, Max’s drawing he had given me. It was beautiful. All the details were precise, and not one single line or color was messed up.

Next thing I know, I hear Max scream my name, I hear a car honking, and I hear people screaming.



Off to the side, Max was crying silent tears, along with other students crying. Max was the only one I cared about, but it was too late. I was gone.

Next to my body, the paramedics found the picture Max had drawn for me. It was a heart with a bunch of colorful swirls, and right in the middle, it said “I Love You. Don’t Forget That. – Max”.


The author's comments:
Just the other day, i had watched a video about 9/11 and it made me think about how people were feeling during that time, and i decided to write this story. If you like a little bit of love in a story, here it is.