Love to Be Lost | Teen Ink

Love to Be Lost

By PieperZ SILVER, North Tonawanda, New York
PieperZ SILVER, North Tonawanda, New York

Martin slowly clicked the phone back into its place, and blankly stared into the floor of his living room. "Ellen wants a divorce with... me?" he thought. "How did she find my secret out now? Was she always suspecting of me?" His thoughts were broken by the sound of the front door opening.
A "YOOO-HOOO!" pierced through the massive house, like filed nails on a new chalkboard. A busty woman with blonde pigtails bounced her way over to the seat next to Martin, and she kissed him on the cheek. Martin was still staring at the floor. "How's it goin', sugar?", the woman with pigtails questioned. "Daisy," Martin stumbled, "Ellen called to break up with me... says I'm 'not emotionally attached anymore'".
"Well, good riddance, I say!" Daisy exclaimed. "She never took the time to know you like I did." Martin chuckled, but it was very short-lived, just to make sure Daisy would think he was agreeing with her. "I reckon this calls for a celebration, I'll make my famous grits for you!" Daisy winked, and her pigtails bounced with her over to the kitchen.
Left in solitude again, Martin wandered his every thought on Ellen. Time passed, he tried to watch TV, play with the pet, play Solitare, Ellen was all that was on his mind. He decided he would do something about it, he couldn't not see Ellen and the kids again. Rapidly, he sprang up and ran to kitchen to grab his keys. "What's the matter, sugar?" Daisy asked when Martin closed the door to the garage. Daisy, with her apron on watched from the front door as Martin got into his car. Martin switched the car in reverse and sped out of the driveway. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a concerned Daisy as pushed on the gas pedal, moving away from the house.

One of my many journals for my class, and I am in love with this character Martin I made.