First Chapter- Avery Aimes | Teen Ink

First Chapter- Avery Aimes

March 30, 2011
By Chelsea7Noel GOLD, N. Tonawanda, New York
Chelsea7Noel GOLD, N. Tonawanda, New York
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Scars remind us where we've been, but they don't dictate where we're going.


As if she was inviting me to play, a low hum had escaped as I brushed up against her. Her body was smooth and cool. I picked her up, and gently placed her on my lap. Her curves conforming to mine just felt so right. We were no longer two objects, we were one.

“You know I can’t, I have to go” But I couldn’t resist the temptation. I placed my hands to their usual spot without thinking and began to play. She sounded so lovely. Half way into a song my mom barged in on me and interrupted.

Avery, what are you doing? You can’t play your guitar now. I know you don’t want to go to school, but honey you have too. Come on, you’re a senior isn’t that exciting!” “Yeah mom, real exciting.” I was laughing at her peppiness slightly when I put Daisy back on her stand. “Don’t give me that smirk, breakfast is on the counter, drive safe, love you!” She kissed me on the forehead, “Love you too, bye mom.”

Uggg senior year, when will it be over. I grabbed my football bag and headed out the door. The air wasn’t quite chilly enough to be considered fall temperature, but it wasn’t hot summer air either. The trees were still full and green, swaying in the light breeze. Mayville is known for its beauty and having that small town feel. Not that I don’t like the town itself, it’s just that everyone knows everyone else; so basically you’re living in one big bubble. And in this bubble everyone has a name for themselves. Somewhere between freshman year and now I earned the title of being Mayville’s sports all-star, but everyone calls me Aviator (they say I run so fast it’s as if I’m flying). Within those three years I lost myself. I lost Avery and became Aviator. And I’m on a mission to find what I’ve lost, starting now.