Thoughts | Teen Ink

Thoughts

By Madgie BRONZE, Antioch, California
Madgie BRONZE, Antioch, California

Maybe life was passing her by too quickly. This life- It’s hard work just going through it. She knew she should be thankful. With a roof over her head and food on the table, how dare she be so sad when there are starving kids in Africa?

And yet… day in, and day out she would bite her lip with worry. “What am I doing with my life?” She asks herself. She doesn’t know. And she stays up worrying, thinking every night about things she shouldn’t, and worrying about things that wouldn’t happen. Couldn’t possibly happen. Right?

And this feeling that starts in the pit of her stomach… it’s the worst. It starts with her stomach tying in knots, her thoughts suffocating her. People count on her to do something good. People trust her, know she’ll do something great with her life. She wished she could feel for a second that assured feeling they have for her. They push her to do more, not knowing she’s terrified, horrified, scared out of her mind. “What if I fail?” She asks. “What if I fall short of my goal? What is my goal in the first place?”

The thing is, she has a lot of options. A lot of interests, a lot of talents.

And maybe, just maybe, all of those options are what scare her the most.

duckiefloat BRONZE, Jones, Oklahoma

"Clothing makes the man. Naked people carry little to no weight in society." -Mark Twain

Story Of my life. Great metaphors!