Breaking Point | Teen Ink

Breaking Point

March 21, 2011
By YoungAuthor13 BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware
YoungAuthor13 BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't have one..... Not yet at least .


People have always told me not to worry about what other people thought of me. They said that as long as I knew what they were saying wasn’t true, it was ok. But a person can only act for so long. Because soon… soon the curtains will close. And the show will end.

You see, the problem with us girls is that we LOVE attention. You might sit there and shake your head but deep down inside you know it’s true. And since we LOVE attention, all of us… or at least a VERY LARGE portion of us will do just about anything to get it. Even if it means hurting others.

My name is Jasmine. I’m a 14 year old girl in the 8th grade. My school is filled with drama. LOTS of rumors, lies, tears, yelling… and so on. A girl can only take but so much. Because like they say… Every woman has a breaking point. Growing up I was always told not to care what people said about me. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me… That kinda stuff. But the older I got, the more IMPOSSIBLE it became to ignore the rumors and the lies and the fakeness. Sooner or later the acting will stop, the curtains will close, and the show that’s been going on for so long will finally come to an end.

The drama began just a few days ago. Online actually. I was at home on the computer checking my email. When all of a sudden I get this email from a girl named Theresa. She said that someone told her that I was planning to fight her the next day. I quickly responded saying that whoever told her that was wrong. She didn’t write back so I assumed we were okay. I was wrong. The next day, I went to school and Theresa and all of her friends kept throwing dirty looks at me. I mean yeah, they were only looks but it bothered me because I didn’t do anything to deserve them. That night while I was on the computer I got about 5 or 6 threat emails from Theresa and her friends. I told Theresa that I never said those things about her, so I was confused as to why they were doing this. I decided to just delete the emails and lay low at school.
That night I must’ve caught a 24hr bug or something because when I woke up the next day I had stomach aches and couldn’t go to school. Secretly I was glad that I didn’t have to go and face Theresa and her friends. But like I said the sickness only lasted for 24 hours so I was back in school the next day. Now we’re at yesterday. By 3rd Pd I’d had enough. Theresa had just about everyone on our team giving me dirty looks, and pushing me in the hallway. I needed some sensible advice on what to do because I was SO ready to tell Theresa AND all of her friends off. I didn’t really want to do that. So I went to the guidance counselor. I told her everything that happened. I told her about the threat mail. I told her about the looks. I told her about the pushing… I told her everything. After I vented to her, she told me to go back to class! I needed her help…her advice so that I don’t go and do something really stupid. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even wanna come to school anymore. And all she could say to me is go back to class??!! Doesn’t she know about 5000 teenagers a year commit suicide because of bullying??? Does she not care?? How does she know that I won’t be one of the next 5000? Not saying that I will but still!!! Last time I checked a GUIDENCE COUNSELOR is there to GUIDE you and to help u make the right choices…and what did she do...? Hahaha I just have to laugh to keep from crying because I guess no one cares. But if they don’t care… neither do I. I'm done.


The author's comments:
This story is COMPLETLY fitional and has absolutly no relatation to my life at all . One day I was just thinking about drama in schools... Then... I just got an idea for this story and started to write .