The Fruits of Insomnia

10:00 PM - I spend this hour thinking about how tired I'm going to be in the morning if I don't go to sleep. I calculate the hours until my alarm goes of. Only 7.

11:00 PM - Reading Shakespeare quotes online. Thinking way to much. Writing delirious sounding poetry.

12:00 AM - Worrying about my family. Missing my mom. Wishing that someone would just walk in and make everything okay. Just for me.

1:00 AM - Reliving the all time lows of my life. Missing the person who told me to call him if this ever happened.

2:00 AM - Crying.

3:00 AM - Writing, I feel crazy. Poems and songs and stories drift in my mind like smoke. Making me cough up words and hindering my vision.

4:00 AM - One hour until my alarm goes off. I'm dreading school. I want to be somewhere else. Thinking things I would never say.

5:00 AM - BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I'm already up, I think to myself. I get up and get ready, leave for school.

7:00-3:00 School

11:00 PM - And Repeat.

justanotherteenwriter said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm:
i can totally connect! i like the part about the words being like smoke. i can compleatly relate to the whole thing(: amazingly written

EllieGrace replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:52 pm :
Thank you so much(:

Illuminatus replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:18 am :
this is what one calls REALISTIC writing .... it's moments of such emotional highs and lows that inspire words inside a person ... amazing.!!!!

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:31 am :
Realistic indeed. You are one of my favorite poets throughout this whole site.

EarlieGrace replied...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm :
That is quite the compliment miss.