The Other Girl | Teen Ink

The Other Girl

By beckiii92 SILVER, Deerfield, Illinois
beckiii92 SILVER, Deerfield, Illinois

She leaned over me to put out her burning cigarette. Her naked skin touched mine sending shivers down my spine. I gently massaged her shoulders as she let out a small giggle. God, she was so cute. Her skin was cold and brittle; I wished only to warm her up.

“You’re shivering,” I noted.

“Just a bit cold,” she said.

I wrapped my arms around her in my attempt to make her warm. I rubbed my hands down every inch of her fragile body.

“You’re beautiful,” I said.

“Oh, please. That’s just what a guy says to get into a girl’s pants.”

“Well, I’m still here, aren’t I? And I’m still telling you you’re beautiful because it’s true.”

She was always so cynical; it drove me crazy. She was especially cynical with guys; she thought they were all bad, and I would do anything to prove her wrong.

She rested her head on my chest and remained silent for a while as she listened to my heart beat/ Finally, she said, “you are here…for now. It’s only a matter of time before you…” She trailed off as she shut her eyes. She looked so beautiful, so amazing. I never wanted to leave her side, but my watch disagreed. It was a quarter past nine. Anna had probably almost finished applying her red shimmering lip-gloss, smiling at her reflection in the mirror because, in her mind, she had the best fiancé in the world. I opened my mouth to let out a deep sigh. If only she knew.

Carefully, I struggled to lift her head off of my chest, resting it gently on her purple pillow. I grabbed my faded Tommy Hilfiger Straight Leg Jeans and was about to step my right foot into them when I noticed her eyes shoot open.

“Is it already time,” she said. It was barely above a whisper.

“Huh?” I mumbled.

“For you to leave me?”

I leaned in closer to her as my nostrils filled up with the sweet aroma of her perfume. I let her lips touch mine, and I felt the same sensation I felt when I always kissed her sweet lips. “I have to go right now, but I’ll call you later tonight,” I said before kissing her one last time. “I promise.”

I drove to the park with no sound but the constant thoughts that ran through my head, and the sound of the rather loud engine purring underneath my feet. The park: it was where Anna and I had our first date, where we fell in love, and, also, where I asked her to be my wife.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I could already see Anna’s auburn hair peaking out from the top of the bench, our bench. She was waiting for me. I quickly got out of the car and embraced her in my arms.

“Hi, Anna,” I said, casually.

“Hi, Henry," she said. "I missed you."

“Me too.”

I kissed her, but underneath my eyelids, I saw nothing but the other girl, looking as beautiful as ever. Out lips parted as she stared at me.

“Are you okay?” She asked with a hint of sincerity.

“Of course,” I said.

“There’s something on your mind.”

“Only you…I love you, Anna,” I said, smiling to myself. And then, I leaned in for another kiss.