Don't Jump off | Teen Ink

Don't Jump off

February 19, 2011
By Anonymous

You stand at the edge,
waiting for someone to find you.
You scream in the night
just so someone will find you.
You tears fade away,
all the lies that they'll say
about us. Let me hear your screams again, Let it out and roar! I need to hear your voice again, so I can
pretend it was like before. Don't leave me behind, don't believe their lies. Please don't jump.

Now they stand before you. You were right all along. The kings knelt before you, now they drop their guns. The price was payed, the war is one. Yet still the battle rages on.

Can no one see? Can no one hear me? I am the voice of the martyred mystery. Because I loved him, and because he loved me.

Now they stand before you. You were right all along. The kings knelt before you, now they drop their guns. The price was payed, the war is one. Yet still the battle rages on.

They couldn't save you, they tried to erase you. You just kept fighting back. Raise your glass, take a stand, let everyone know that you are not alone.

Now they stand before you. You were right all along. The kings knelt before you, now they drop their guns. The price was payed, the war is one. Yet still the battle rages on.

Now I stand at your grave, flowers in my hand. Do you still see me, and do you still love me.
Alexiya, moya lyubov'


The author's comments:
This song was inspired by a local gay suicide. He died because a boy, who him told his crush he loved him, was beaten to death. This is in his memory. The "kings" in the song are the social elite of his school; the "dropping their guns" refrence is their realization that all words have impact, even if the person looks like they don't care. The last line is Russian, "Alexiya, Moya lyubov" roughly means "Alex, my love". The "battle" is struggle of gay teens against the conservative world we are awkwardly placed in, the "price was payed" is an allusion to the fact that only after he died, did everyone realize what a jerk they had been to him.