College Debate | Teen Ink

College Debate

By BrittneyAnn BRONZE, Vega, Texas
BrittneyAnn BRONZE, Vega, Texas

As Anabell sat in the hammock, contemplating what her next move would be, the rain began to fall outside her window. She sat in deep thought as she heard the commotion inside and the frantic parents. She didn’t know what she should do, but she knew she was running out of time to make up her mind.

She knew her family would be disappointed if she didn’t choose Yale, but she had no idea what she would do if she didn’t get into the college she had always dreamed of.

She made her way back inside, she sat down on the couch and began to discuss her future with her family when her little sister ran in with the mail and got her acceptance letters. She opened the first one from the Yale, and she had gotten accepted. Anabell moved on to the letter from the Harvard, the one she had wanted to go to, but she hadn’t got accepted, she began to weep as she saw her future slowly slip out of her hands. The third and final letter was one she was eager to open. It was from Princeton, as she felt the tension in the room grow she began to slowly tear the envelope open. Taking a long deep breath as she pulled the letter from the envelope, Anabell opened to see that she had won a scholarship to Princeton.

Her parents were more enthusiastic that she had gotten into a college that was beyond their expectations and the she had also gotten a scholarship. Even though she hadn’t gotten into either college she was expected to get into, she had gotten into a fantastic college that she was more than happy to attend. In the end it all worked out even though it worked out differently.