The Boy and His Friends, Chapter 1: The End of It All | Teen Ink

The Boy and His Friends, Chapter 1: The End of It All

By marysue BRONZE, Bedford, Indiana
marysue BRONZE, Bedford, Indiana

It looked like it should have been raining. It was 1 p.m. "What an awful time- just an awful time and day!" thought Charles. He was Charles' favorite. He was so wise and humble. Probably Charles' favorite qualities. Why did he have to die? As Charles sat in the pew pretending to be listening to the preacher he was actually thinking of what happened just weeks before.

He had fallen trying to get to the bathroom by himself. As Charles heard the horrible crash he thought "Not another bad thing-please God. Years of suffering and what do I've to deal with now!" Charles entered the bathroom and saw his dad laying on the floor with a complete look of airiness. Charles did not care about helping- he wanted to run away from the bathroom forever. But he knew he had to help but also knew he couldn't so Charles said to his father, "I'll get mom."

Charles flashed back to the present because of everyone standing up getting ready to transport the body. The body was transported and buried and that's the end of that.

This is the first chapter. More chapter likely coming soon.