The Change | Teen Ink

The Change

January 27, 2011
By Anonymous

I feel like I'm wondering in a place that I've never been in and everything is not the way it used to be and I don't know what's going to happen next.
The atmosphere in this new world is so dark and cold and no one in this new world has the slightest scenes of kindness or love.
Couples that would once die for one another can't even stand the sight of each other or even show a slight bit of acknowledgment that they still care.
Nights...nights are weary.
Bedrooms that once heard cries that could reach the mountain top and contain the feelings of everlasting love...now... don't here a sound...their little beds lay vacant just as it has been for years.
It's never sunny. It's like a grim sight of hell without the fire.
The fire though comes from the torturous sounds of tongues lashing out at one another and I'm stuck in the middle.
Sounds of anger and regret scar my eardrums as they beat harder and harder until the pain makes me so numb there's nothing I can do about it.
It's like everyone has lost their way in this world...everyone. There's not one face of hope that might reassure me that this here, is only temporary.
It's like everyone gave up on God...and they're letting the devil just stroll in and have a seat.
I've tried to hide away from the commotion in my chamber but there's only so much I can take.
Evil is all around me and it's starting to effect me, but I can't let it have me.
I won't go out like that. What God has shown me is too precious to jeopardize.
Therefore my only escape has to be the rhythm of my pen dancing on a clean pure white sheet.
Because when I write I can be anywhere this in this world that I want to be at anytime.
I can be a princess that paints the sunset while I sit on my balcony and by the evening I can be a young girl from the south who finds pleasure in relaxing in the lake near her house just to watch God. Then by night I can be a bird. A beautiful bird that flies the sky to say goodnight to the rest of the world on my way to my quiet nest that I've spent years building. I can be anyone and anything because the world that I'm in now can't have me forever.
One day I'll have to spread my wings and do what I can to change it. And if I can't change it I have to work on leaving it behind without letting it effect my decisions in life. Because not everything or everyone belongs together making it no ones fault just someone else's problem. But until then I have to rely on my pen to keep me from falling apart.