My Bible Story

My name is Bible like all of my brothers, sisters, and cousins too. For some reason I’m always given as a gift to people ever since I can remember. Now I am older and it’s dark where I am. All of the sudden I hear cheers of joy and laughter, must be some sort of family gathering. Then I hear a story that’s engraved in my heart, Jesus’ birth. I know what it is its Christmas and they have left me here alone to read a newer bible. I mean it doesn’t really matter, I’m old it’s my time to be replaced. My spine is split and my pages are fragile enough that I could fall apart. The next thing you know I’m being picked up and tossed around as if I’m in some sort of confined box. Ouch! Light is surrounding me and as soon as I can see straight this red headed girl is looking at me. Not an awkward kind of stare but a look; a look of awe as tears stroll down her face. As the tears fall she hugs my old owner and suddenly I feel at home. That’s the only kind of squashed I will ever like, between a grandfather and granddaughter forever I stand as an everlasting bond between the two. I’m not ever read but I’m placed high on a self with golden bookends holding me up. Every time the little red headed girl passes me she smiles and says I love you grandpa.

Shrien said...

Oh my god!

That is so heart-breaking and beautiful. I love it!

CookieViking said...
omgosh!!!the best story i've read, sooo sweet!!!and ur the little girl?thats cool =]