The Chair | Teen Ink

The Chair

February 10, 2011
By MannyCdapoet SILVER, Poughkeepsie, New York
MannyCdapoet SILVER, Poughkeepsie, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
We do not remember days; we remember moments-unknown


This room is dark. A couple flickering lights draw my attention to the mirror-like wall. All i see is myself sitting, staring at the reflection of a man I once knew. When I was young I was a quiet shy boy who cared about everyone's opinion towards every move i'd make. Now years later that child I was, became to grow into a heartless man. As I grew up everything and everyone I knew was moving on, till I was alone. I guess you can say wrong place at the wrong time. This time it left me trapped to a chair in a cold, dark room. The clock ticks slowly. Till the hand's reach the top of the hour. Why did i decide to pull the trigger? Was robbing a man for everything he own worth whats going to happen soon? These questions will never be answered because my luck and time has just ran out.. I just guess you can say this wont be the last time I see this man. Also now i know that I finally got what I deserved. Five years on death row for one big mistake. Yeah i guess you can call the man and I even.


The author's comments:
As i sat in class in a weird daze, journal time came out. My teacher Mr. Holt us to write about anything that came to our minds. When i was taking government in school I was just fascinated with the death penalty, so i researched different cases and finally decided to write a story about a person's perspective on death row.