The day she stopped dreaming... | Teen Ink

The day she stopped dreaming...

February 13, 2011
By AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
8 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Just like the abyss depth of the sea, the remains of dead fire and the footprints of someone beloved who never turned up, it was the intensity of the pain she went through when she realized that the reality she was living was a mere dream.
It left her all fragile and half-dead when she found herself lying stiff and cold on her very bed staring aimlessly at the ceiling that was so pale, so blank – just as she had been. Finding it hard to breathe, she lifted her right hand up and wiped the last tear out of the limitless tears that she had shed that night. Her hand shivered as she tried to bring it close to the wet cheek and her starry, misty eyes saw nothing but the ceiling which now appeared blur.
She looked at her hand when she wiped away the pearly tear that left a mark of kohl as a black streak marring her face.
The emptiness inside her was speaking volumes and the voiceless vocal cords were humming unrecognizable melodies deep somewhere. The world seemed to topple – upside down, back to forth.
And all of a sudden, she recalled the abyss depth of the sea, the remains of dead fire and the footprints of someone beloved who never turned up and a tear fell again, wetting her now-half-dry cheek and following the streak of her last tear’s kohl mark.
She would perhaps wipe the tear off again thinking that might be her last one – but no one knows if it really was.
That was the day she stopped dreaming and came out of a dream-cum-reality. That was the day she stopped dreaming and lay there all dead gasping for a little air.


The author's comments:
It's an entire work of fiction, and I simply hope you like it! :)