The day she stopped dreaming... | Teen Ink

The day she stopped dreaming...

By AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

Just like the abyss depth of the sea, the remains of dead fire and the footprints of someone beloved who never turned up, it was the intensity of the pain she went through when she realized that the reality she was living was a mere dream.
It left her all fragile and half-dead when she found herself lying stiff and cold on her very bed staring aimlessly at the ceiling that was so pale, so blank – just as she had been. Finding it hard to breathe, she lifted her right hand up and wiped the last tear out of the limitless tears that she had shed that night. Her hand shivered as she tried to bring it close to the wet cheek and her starry, misty eyes saw nothing but the ceiling which now appeared blur.
She looked at her hand when she wiped away the pearly tear that left a mark of kohl as a black streak marring her face.
The emptiness inside her was speaking volumes and the voiceless vocal cords were humming unrecognizable melodies deep somewhere. The world seemed to topple – upside down, back to forth.
And all of a sudden, she recalled the abyss depth of the sea, the remains of dead fire and the footprints of someone beloved who never turned up and a tear fell again, wetting her now-half-dry cheek and following the streak of her last tear’s kohl mark.
She would perhaps wipe the tear off again thinking that might be her last one – but no one knows if it really was.
That was the day she stopped dreaming and came out of a dream-cum-reality. That was the day she stopped dreaming and lay there all dead gasping for a little air.

It's an entire work of fiction, and I simply hope you like it! :)

Roshaaan said...
on Jan. 12 2012 at 12:05 am
I like the way you write. The way you define the girl is awsum! and seems like the storyy is about someone may be I'm not sure. anyways nice work keep it up \m/

AnumK SILVER said...
on Aug. 22 2011 at 6:31 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

Imagination lies right there inside your mind and pouring it on to paper is a work of skill that everyone can master with practise. I hope to see you writing wonderful masterpieces very soon!

Love,

Your Sis! :)

I liked it very much. The girl there called "she" was beautifully picturized. Teach me some day how you pour in imagination that way! ;)

Your Brother.

AnumK SILVER said...
on Feb. 22 2011 at 7:00 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
ENav, I wrote it cuz it just clicked my mind I dunno how, I have mentioned that it's entire fiction...and you never know what comes in your mind and when! :)

ENaveed said...
on Feb. 20 2011 at 5:32 am
Ye likha q wese????

AnumK SILVER said...
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

Thanks a lot people!

Bunch of thanks to Melodies, for the career suggestions (*sigh*) and words of praise :)

I'll definitely bring in some new write-ups soon Raza and Comayak! :)

AnumK SILVER said...
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
I'm happy you liked it! :)

comayak said...
on Feb. 18 2011 at 9:18 am
beloved anum
congratulations, really born in you a prodigious writer, continues to cultivate the lyrics that spring from your heart and your writing to take life, not faint you have talent do not forget that you're not alone God and I are with you

Raza said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 8:03 am

Brilliant work of fiction!! For me there is some kind of motivation behind.

Keep up the good work

Sarosh said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 12:32 am

you are an excellent writer.Must join Dawn!! keep it up..

on Feb. 17 2011 at 12:29 am

It's a thrilling piece of writing. Extraction of the inner emotions. I'm really impressed! :)

Keep up the good work. Wish you all the good luck of the world! :)

Melodies #2 said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 12:25 am

keep on writing like this anum! u rock dear!

i suggest you to do masters in english literature :)

wish you best of luck !

Melodies #1 said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 12:23 am
awesome....keep rocking, MELODY #3! lol

Peppery16 BRONZE, Tempe, Arizona

you write this so beautifully and so full of emotion i felt as if i was feeling how she was. i really loved it and i hope you continue to keep writing :)

Bless