A Postcard from Heaven... | Teen Ink

A Postcard from Heaven...

By madison.elizabeth BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia
madison.elizabeth BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia

I just got home from the funeral. Tears still stung in my eyes threatening to stream down my face and break the facade I had been putting on for my little sisters. It’s okay to cry I said time and time again. My vision blurred, Mom nonchalantly says, “Check the mail”. I stumble over my own two feet and pull the handle down with what little strength I had left; I open my eyes and reach for the single postcard sitting there all alone. I scan down to see who it’s from. I blink rapidly to keep the tears from dancing a familiar dance down my cheeks. I crumble down and stare blankly at the postcard when I finally begin reading I remember its okay to cry. It’s okay to cry.

This piece is about losing my grandfather on July 3rd, 2010 and how I dearly wish that I could actually talk to him one last time.

jennyjmelon said...
on Feb. 17 2011 at 7:34 am
i think that this was the most heartfelt thing i have ever, EVER, read. You are a very inspired young child and you have the talent of an angel. Everyone here that is telling you to add more detail needs to realize that its not their piece and although yes they are trying to help, i think you are doing just fine. You are a beautiful (even though i have never seen you i assume) young man and i think you have the best piece of art right here. Treasure it (: IT IS OKAY TO CRY! IT IS OKAY TO CRY! Young man, it is OKAY to cry <3

inksplatteredfingerz SILVER, Union, New Jersey

"Where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true--we call it history."--the Wizard; Wicked

awww=') so heartfelt. but i agree, it could use more detail. i personally want to know more about who's funeral it was and what that person meant to the main character.

in the meantime, could you read one of my articles: story of a working girl? comment, rate, and spread the word. thanks=)

katroxursox BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

"And this is the message I have heard and proclaim to you: God is light and in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

It's a good start, and it has good potential, but you might want to try adding in a little more detail. And it's okay to cry! =D

TheAmazingJoysie BRONZE, Cork, Other

'Your going to die anyway so you might as well craft.' The Anticraft

youre right its ok to cry

on Feb. 16 2011 at 10:58 am
just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

I'm sorry about your grandfather, I know how it feels. I lost my grandmother in 2009 and I still miss her very much and like you wrote, it's OK to cry. 

Jesse-Marie- PLATINUM, Freehold, New Jersey

"To love is to live. Without love, what is life?"

I understand what you are trying to say, yet I think you could include more details.