Glance Up At the Clock | Teen Ink

Glance Up At the Clock

By skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

I lift my head up from my notes and glance up at the clock. Ugh, another twenty minutes! All I hear is the teacher’s voice rambling on. No thoughts. No comments. No questions. When’s this class going to end?

I look up at the clock as I leave my homeroom. Three more periods and then its lunch! Every minute seems to drag itself out. Every period seems endless. When’s this period going to end.

Finally another ten minutes till dismissal. The teacher’s words go in one ear and out the other. I don’t hear a word. I’m just waiting for this day to end!

Why is it only Tuesday! There’s a test tomorrow and a report due too! I want to close my eyes for a moment and forget about it all. I want to my open my eyes and see that it is Friday!

Its just February but I’m waiting for the summer. I just want this year to finish! I just want to get it all over with. When’s this year going to end?!

Standing on line in the local CVS Pharmacy. I look down at the merchandise I’m buying. The box claims to hide all wrinkles. Will it really help? Carrying it home, it suddenly feels heavy. I cross the busy street and watch school girls walking home together, laughing happily about their dramatic crushes or complaining about their overloaded school days. I let a smile play across my lips and my mind slipping back to my own childhood.

Standing in my bathroom, gazing in the mirror. My eyes stare back at me, a different me, a strange me. I slowly rub my fingers over my face letting the wrinkle cream massage my frail skin. I look at my watch hoping it’s almost four because my next doctor’s appointment would be then. Maybe then I’ll understand where life went. Maybe then I’ll know how much longer…

Just something to think about...what are you really waiting to be done with?

Rory7 SILVER said...
Rory7 SILVER, Kanata, Other

“Live Freaky! Die Freaky!”-billie joe armstrong

It very clearly lets the reader know that time is passing, but maybe 3rd paragraph to the 4th paragrph you might add something, for being middle age, to old. Right now there is a gap from being in (high school?) to being an older lady. Or am miss understanding the "cream for wrinkles?" as i am writing, i realise that yes, you do have a middle age part. Sorry, so then yes it is excellent.