Obsessed | Teen Ink

Obsessed

By Jordaan BRONZE, Steelville, Missouri
Jordaan BRONZE, Steelville, Missouri

I\'m not weak because I forgive people, I\'m strong enough to know people make mistakes.

Early that morning she was waken by shattering glass. she was scared knowing she wasn't supposed to be there but also aware she had no where else to go. She never imagined that she would have no place to call home anymore with no one to count on any more and no one to trust. She just wanted to start over. She had too many scars and too much baggage. She knew no one would love her again. She was broken and almost. Not knowing what to do next. She needs a way out. out of her life. Out of this town. Every one knew too much and she was tired of hiding from the truth. She didn't have anything to pack so leaving was easy to do. She robbed a small camera-less cafe and got away with fifty dollars. Enough to get a bys ticket to anywhere but where she was. She didn't care where she ended up just where ever her only fifty dollars would take her.Her goal was to burn all bridges and build new and strong ones. Being broke, homeless, and miserable is what she had to reach before she got better. Using drugs was the easy way out for her. She could escape her family and life without leaving/ It started getting out of hand. Her life spiraling out of control. She was falling harder into oblivion, but that's where she felt the safest. Not knowing any thing existed outside of her on world. She had good hook ups so the money never got out of hand. Her family never even realized how bad her dependency on her drug really was. The illusion she saw was perfect. She had everything she could ever imagine. Little that she know, she was living in a world that did not exist. She then realized that her addiction was not just with pills, it was an obsession.

My mother inspired me to write this story because she battled a drug addiction for a long time. I tried to put myself in an addict's shoes.

maggie said...
You should probably try writing poetry, you are strong in emotion but maybe writing paragraphs isn't the best for you.

kay reeves said...
that is so good i love it!!